Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Week 9: Reading Diary B

I bet that Duryodhana was shaking in his boots when he realized the Pandavas were still alive. Luckily for him, his son decided to take the diplomatic approach and make peace with the Pandavas. I'm surprised that the Pandavas needed a sage to tell them of the dangers of sharing a wife between five brothers. I can't imagine sharing a significant other with one person, let alone five. At least they take yearly rotations.

Duryodhana seems like a very jealous and petty man. I'm sure this will end up haunting him, for karma cannot be avoided. Playing dice seems like a strange way to settle the score and take revenge, but I suppose if they stakes are high enough then a game of dice is a bit more than just a game. Yudhishthira and I have something in common, we are terrible gamblers. I can't believe he gambled away his brothers and wife. Druapadi seems like a woman you don't want to mess with, not to mention her powerful husbands. Duryodhana is really digging himself into a deep hole.

I don't understand how Yudhishthira can gamble on behalf of the other Pandavas, especially after the first time. If I were a Pandava, I would have called a family meeting and removed Yudhishthira from a position where can has the power to gamble my life away. Yudhishthira may be a terrible gambler, but he does understand that revenge is a dish best served cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment