Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Reading Diary Assessment

I didn't catch any new information from reading the instructions again. My reading diary strategy is that before I do the readings I read the reading guides. This give me a general overview of the story so I know what is going on. Then as I do the reading I write down thoughts as they come. After I'm finished with the reading I may go back and add some afterthoughts. For other students that do not read the reading guides prior to the readings, I would highly recommend it. That is unless you don't want any plot spoilers. I approach the reading diary assignments with the same strategy every time. Most of my reading diary posts are at least 400 words, so I would say most of them are a good length. I could have written a few more words on some diaries, but on some readings I didn't have as many thoughts to write down.

I have never included images or quotes in the reading diaries, but after looking over them I see places where I could have. Perhaps I will include them during the next reading diaries. I have made connections to other books and epics throughout the semester so far. As I read I sometimes take notes, but do so on the reading diary blog. I will either expand upon these notes or delete them when I am done. The reason I delete them is because sometimes they wouldn't make sense to anyone else, or even myself if enough time passes. Looking back on my posts, I think they are pretty useful. I can use them to keep track of my thoughts throughout the story and I can see where some of the inspiration for my stories came from. Overall, I think I have done a pretty good job so far with the reading diaries.

No comments:

Post a Comment